These are the ultimate cannabis treat and they are actually a lot easier to make than you would think. If you have ever made cookies as a kid then you will have a great idea of where this is going. So keep on reading and you will know how to make the tastiest, gooiest and most delicious cannabutter cookies in town.
Step One: Make Some Cannabutter
Ok to make cannabutter cookies, you clearly need cannabutter and this is the most time-consuming part of making these cookies. If you are unsure how to make cannabutter then we have a super easy method for you check out our 24 hour slow cooker cannabutter recipe.
We know you want your cookies right now and you are probably ready to go on a Cookie Monster style rampage, but please have some patience. We are showing you the easiest and most full proof way to make cannabutter and it uses a slow cooker so it does take a while.
Why Use A Slow Cooker?
No doubt after reading about that 24 hour cooking time, you are asking this question. You can use a stove top and it is much quicker, but there is far more room for error when using a stove. So take your time and make these bad boys right!
Making The Cannabutter Cookies!
Ok so you have been patient and you get your reward of some epic pot-infused cookies. Now that your cannabutter is ready, you can make the cookies! The recipe down below should be good for a whole tray of cookies.
You Will Need:
- Cannabutter, ¾ of a cup is what you need
- 2 Large-sized eggs
- Dark brown sugar, 1 cup
- A single tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of white sugar
- 2 and a quarter cups of all purpose flour (any brand will do)
- ¾ of a teaspoon of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of salt (fine salt is best)
- Chocolate chips (1 bag is the recommended amount, but they are your cookies so load them up if you want!)
How You Make It:
Making your cannabutter cookies could not be any easier, just follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Fire up the oven to 375 degrees, if your oven does not go this high, whack it up as high as it goes.
- Step 2: Grease up a baking sheet with butter. Pro tip here. If you want to make two sheets of cookies. Use two baking sheets, you can use the same one, but make sure the sheet is fully cooled down before you try to make the next batch.
- Step 3: Melt the cannabutter, you can do this in a saucepan. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it does not burn.
- Step 4: Using a mixing bowl, add your eggs, both cups of sugar, vanilla and the cannabutter. Whisk it all up until it is nice and smooth, try to resist the temptation to lick the spoon… who are we kidding? That is an impossible temptation to resist!
- Step 5: Using a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Once they are mixed good, slowly add the other contents (the mixed up cannabutter) to the bowl and mix it all together.
- Step 6: Add in the chocolate chips (if you have not eaten them all) and give it another little mix.
- Step 7: Now you can scoop out the mix and start to make your cookies. Try to keep a couple of inches between each cookie on the baking sheet so they do meld together into one super cookie, which does sound awesome, but it is actually not.
- Step 8: 12 – 16 minutes is the cook time. If you like your cookies a bit gooier, then you want to be right around 12 minutes. If you are more of a crunchy cookie connoisseur then be closer to the 16 minutes.
- Step 9: As long as you seal them in a good container, you should find these will last up to five days.
So there you have it the perfect cannabutter cookies! Just take your time and do not get discouraged if your first batch does not come out perfect.